Reel – Shimano Beastmaster 9000A Electric Reel
The Shimano Beastmaster 9000A possesses unprecedented power, speed and durability thanks to the brushless Giga-Max Motor. With 10% more winding power than the previous model and 25kg of Cross Carbon Drag output, the Shimano Beastmaster 9000A is ready to tackle monsters of the deep. Regardless of the load applied to the reel, the Constant Speed Mode maintains a consistent retrieve speed without the loss of any cranking power during the fight. The Heat-Free system allows for heat to be released from vents in the side plate, ensuring reliable performance. It also features a aluminium clod forged clutch lever and a LCD screen with an English menu. To reach deeper depths, the reel can be spooled with up to 900m of PE 8 braid.
- Hagane Body – The Hagane Body is produced from high rigidity aluminium or magnesium. This creates stiffness and impact resistance, while at the same time eliminating flexing of the body. The result is a rock-solid housing and support for the moving internal gearing and greater efficiency throughout the reel.
- Giga-Max – This is the industry’s first brushless motor. A high-speed, high-torque motor that employs a powerful special rare-earth magnet. The brushless motor means a much longer lasting motor.
- Thermo Adjust Drag Control – A control function that suppresses abnormal heat generation in the drag to maintain stable drag performance. If the drag slips while the motor of the electric reel is on, the gear will idle, causing abnormal heat generation in the drag section. In order to suppress this heat generation, the motor speed is automatically reduced when the drag is slipping.
- S A-RB – Shimano S A-RB bearings are high corrosion resistant ARB ball bearings with an extra shield for improved protection against sand, salt or dust.
- Electronic Exciting Drag – This audible and highly exciting electronic sound that the reel makes when the mode is selected.
- Fine Dot LCD – LCD screen for easy use and operation.
Line – Power Pro Depth Hunter 80lb Braid (approx. 1050yd)
Power Pro Depth Hunter braid changes colour from blue to yellow, to green to orange, and has a black mark every five feet.