Feature-packed for added durability and performance to pursue target species in the surf, the all-new Shimano SpeedMaster Surf XTD 14000 debuts many technologies passed down from premium surf reels. An ultra-rigid CI4+ Body reduces flex and provides a lightweight yet solid foundation for better meshing of the cold-forged Hagane Gear for long-lasting smoothness and durability. The SpeedMaster Surf XTD incorporates RigidCast technology to withstand the impact of extreme casting force by minimising the wobbling movement of the spool and the deflection of the main shaft and body during the initial moments of the cast. The result: increased casting distance and accuracy. To create a quieter and smoother reeling experience, Shimano incorporated SilentDrive technology into the SpeedMaster Surf XTD to remove unnecessary noise and vibration. Cast further and more accurately with the new SpeedMaster Surf XTD 14000.
- Hagane – Hagane is a Shimano reel design concept created to withstand continual use and extreme abuse. Hagane is an innovation with built-in toughness and durability that works alongside Shimano’s precision engineering. Hagane is for all anglers.
- Hagane Gear – With amazing strength and durability, the Hagane Gear is at the very heart of most Shimano reels. Shimano, through the application of state-of-the-art technologies, gives anglers the long-lasting smoothness and pleasure that is felt when anglers first use a reel, over and over again. No cutting work is applied to the teeth of the drive gear during fabrication, instead the entire surface is calculated in minute detail by special 3D-design and then formed by Shimano’s cold-forging technology. The result is assured resilience. Hagane Gear is the fruit of Shimano’s inexhaustible pursuit for durability — the strength and power of forged metal continues to represent the fundamental concept of Shimano reels.
- RigidCast – RigidCast technology is a design philosophy that balances the strength and lightness of the main shaft, rotor and body to withstand the impact of extreme casting force. RigidCast minimises the wobbling movement of the spool and the deflection of the main shaft and body during the initial moments of the cast. This design results in better line release timing while reducing the friction on the line leaving the spool to increase casting distance and accuracy.
- SilentDrive – SilentDrive technology benefits from a total redesign of all functional parts focused on the drive gear, worm shaft and other parts. The goal: remove unnecessary noise and vibration. In doing so, the overall tolerances are improved to a micron level, ultimately creating an overall quieter and smoother reel operation.
- Ci4+ – Ci4 is a Shimano original material reinforced with carbon fibre that is lighter and has a higher strength than conventional resin material. Ci4+ is an advanced version of the original Ci4 material and is 2.5x more rigid than its predecessor. While improving lightness and rigidity, reel bodies and rotors built with Ci4+ are further reduced in size and weight.
- G-Free Body – Technology has been developed to shift the reel’s centre of gravity closer to the rod. By moving the centre of gravity closer to the angler’s hand, the G-Free Body helps to reduce fatigue and enhance casting comfort.
- Parallel Body – Designed to improve dynamic line flow from the reel to the first guide. On many reels the spool is aligned slightly upwards towards the rod blank, but reels with Parallel Body have the spool located at exactly 90° to the blank. The result: less line slapping on the blank as it travels towards the first guide during the cast, ultimately increasing performance.
- Propulsion – The spool has a special spool ring shape. This creates a rectifying effect on the line and realises both suppression of line trouble and long casting performance.
|MODEL||REEL TYPE||DRAG POWER||GEAR RATIO||RETRIEVE PER CRANK||BEARINGS||WEIGHT||PRICE|
|Shimano Speedmaster Surf XTD 14000 Spin Reel||Surf Casting||20kg||4.3:1||103cm||4+1||590g||$339|